Seamans Holdings, Lexington, MA
WHAT’S THE OPPORTUNITY?
Seamans Holdings seeks an experienced Investment Analyst with strong quantitative skills, expert problem-solving abilities, and excellent communication skills to identify and evaluate investment opportunities. The right person will be mission driven, well versed in scenario planning and skilled in systems analysis; able to research and identify actionable insights.
Seamans Holdings, a hybrid family office, provides investment advisory and management services to select investors. We strive to meet the demands of the emerging New Era. Our mission is to provide more return with less risk through sustainability-focused investments. We welcome investments that we believe will provide strong financial returns while enabling environmental vitality. Seamans Holdings seeks out and invests in essential services & technologies that support solutions to major societal and environmental issues.
The Investment Analyst, who will report directly to our Director of Research is expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity and professionalism. At Seamans it is important to identify investment opportunities rooted in the complex intersections of the material sciences, technological innovations and built environments. The ideal candidate will be adept at identifying inherently disruptive technologies important to building a fundamentally just and regenerative society.
This mission driven candidate will research and present detailed investment reports to senior management in a clear and persuasive manner.
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Undertake detailed analysis of current and potential investor portfolios
- Prepare industry and competitive analysis for select sectors
- Utilize Seamans proprietary due diligence process to make investment recommendations
- Manage Seamans’ investment watchlist and maintain model portfolios
- Assist portfolio managers and other team members in executing asset allocation, trading and portfolio rebalancing
- Track venture and public investment opportunities.
- Synthesize complex data into simple comprehensive and clearly understood presentations
- Communicate effectively with diverse group of stake holders including clients, potential investors, portfolio managers and investment committees
WHAT KIND OF QUALIFICATIONS ARE WE SEEKING?
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar role
- 1-2 years of financial modelling experience
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets, capital budgeting and investment management
- Expert knowledge of financial reporting and analysis
- Experience in managing complex projects to completion
- Strong analytical skills in qualitative and quantitative research
- Extensive knowledge of statistical concepts, methods & models, and their application to investments
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with financial systems including Bloomberg and Black Diamond
- Advanced Excel skills with basic understanding of VBA and Macros
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Experience working in a hybrid setting with a dynamic multi-cultural team
- CFA charter, or progress toward the CFA charter, is a plus
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
- Purpose-driven, meaningful work
- Competitive compensation package that reflects your experience and background
- Mentorship from senior management to ensure career development
- Exposure and access to key opinion leaders in our sector and beyond
- Career development opportunities
Please send your resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include how you heard about this posting in the cover letter. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Seamans Holdings provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.